Do you know jumping into the SAP S/4HANA transition without a proper readiness assessment often results in SAP S/4HANA implementation failure? A flawed selection process, improper preparation of the source system, and a lack of a strategic transition plan also add to the major downtime. Migration from ECC to S/4HANA is a critical step for any organization fast approaching enterprise intelligence and digital transformation goals.
SAP S/4HANA as a holistic business suite of products and services, which is built on a modern and open core architecture, helps businesses to gain optimal business performance with simulated technology benefits. The newest generation of SAP ERP enables businesses to run their process operations more smoothly, allowing customer experience to be at the center of the business. To get started on your S/4HANA conversion path, running the SAP S/4HANA assessment is the best step forward to becoming more adaptable, responsive, and resilient to unknown uncertainties.
What is SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment?
An SAP readiness assessment is the cornerstone of the S/4HANA-centered migrations, enabling businesses to evaluate the current state and readiness of existing SAP S/4HANA infrastructure before launching a plan of action.
Under a rigorous assessment plan, an enterprise can
- Assess project scope to identify problem areas within the existing SAP-centric infrastructure. Conducting an analysis also involves IT landscape assessment, affected business functions, hardware reusability and hardware sizing, compatibility of add-ons and enhancements along with the functional and technical impact of moving to SAP S/4HANA.
- Prioritize SAP S/4HANA transition and deployment options followed by assessment of legacy architecture and development of SAP transition roadmap.
- Modernize the harmonization quotient of the chart and rationalize master data. As a result, business processes become more intelligent, efficient, and scalable with zero disruption in the organization’s change management goals.
- Migrate existing workflows to SAP S/4HANA solution using greenfield/brownfield along with SLO services. Also, an organization is able to transfer data to the new platform followed by validation of the workflows while maintaining the project over time.
How to develop your S/4HANA migration roadmap with a readiness assessment?
Implementation of the intelligent SAP S/4HANA to transform mission-critical business systems followed by a SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment plan instantly lowers the downtime risks and maximize business benefits. To migrate legacy systems with speed and efficency make sure your S/4HANA readiness assessment roadmap involves the following steps:
Key influencing factors for S/4 HANA assessment
Embark on your transformation journey by migrating your mission-critical legacy systems to SAP S/4HANA is a critical step to drive intelligent enterprise transformation. From hybrid conversions to greenfield cloud-first implementations, every deployment demands a future-proof readiness assessment roadmap to avoid bottom-up disruption. Let's discuss some key factors influencing the success of S/4HANA readiness assessment and keeping a check on these factors will surely ensure a smooth incident-free successful go-live:
- Data management analysis is another important aspect an organization must consider. It highlights facts about data archiving, table cleansing, data volumes, and code remediation.
- Custom code management: Analysing the custom tables and programs usage along with syntactical change impact in programs and user exits, is imperative. It helps to identify quality gaps in custom codes, ensure the efficiency of the business scenarios and minimize the potential risks involved in the SAP environment.
- Landscape and system management: To gain a faster time to value and remove redundancy, it is necessary to align a strategic transformation plan by assessing user behavior and system performance statistics. It helps in the acceleration of IT optimizations and relevant SAP innovations.
Drive a smooth risk-free SAP S/4HANA transition journey with Kellton
Drive your intelligent enterprise transformation journey faster with Kellton and future-proof your legacy systems with maximum performance transparency and improved user experience. At Kellton, we provide end-to-end support for SAP application readiness assessment and streamline your process of SAP IT infrastructure optimization process in accordance with the usage scenarios.
As your trusted SAP S/4HANA implementation partner, Kellton ensures your S/4HANA transformation becomes a smooth risk-free journey – from planning and execution to managed services. Following the assessment process, our experienced SAP consultants discuss risks, potential hurdles, and migration strategies to eliminate redundancy within your existing infrastructure for faster system upgrades, reduced maintenance costs, and shorter delivery lead time. This is how Kellton unlocks your SAP transformation potential with maximum enterprise intelligence.